Our Lt. Governor, Al Riggle, in action!
Lt. Gov visit to Clarksville Kiwanis Club:
I want to thank Dylan Fisher and the Clarksville Kiwanis Club for a most enjoyable visit yesterday evening. I enjoyed meeting with the members and hearing about some of the projects you do in your community to support the kids. Your work with the two Key Clubs is awesome and I hope all of us can learn from your successes to improve our Service Leadership Programs.
We need to hold a DCM very soon to conduct elections for Lt Gov for 2018-19 and to get us all together to share information. Please let me know if you have any suggestions on where and when to hold a DCM.
I have now visited Sellersburg, Henryville and Clarksville and have New Albany scheduled. I need to see when it’s convenient for me to visit Charlestown, Jeffersonville and Historic Harrison County.
Mike, do you have a date for the charter ceremony for the new Silver Creek High School Key Club?
Reminder to schedule club elections soon and report them on the Secretary’s Dashboard. Club Leadership Education will be scheduled soon for new and re-elected officers. Please mark your calendars for the Indiana DIstrict Convention, 17-19 Aug in Indianapolis. I hope to see all our clubs represented there. We will be voting for our new Governor and Governor Elect.
Thanks for all you do for our kids! Please continue to share your events with me so I can share them with the rest of the Division.
Lt Gov Notes, March 17, 2018
Happy St Patrick’s Day to everyone! I am in the process of scheduling visits to your clubs and look forward to meeting your members and learning from you what you’re doing to serve the kids in your communities. Hat’s off to the Jeffersonville Key Club for a most successful Dance-a-thon to raise money for Riley Children’s Hospital. I understand they raised over $20K. Well done!! The Scottsburg Kiwanis Club held their annual spaghetti dinner this week for Riley. Results are pending, but I think they did a little better than normal. Thank you for your notes and information about what your clubs are doing. I truly appreciate the information.
I would like to hold a Division Council Meeting in April. If anyone is interested in hosting the DCM, please let me know and we’ll coordinate dates to try to get as many clubs represented as possible. We need to hold our elections for Lt Gov for next year so they are able to attend the training and prepare. Governor Jud Roush is planning on conducting Lt Gov training on 8-9 June at Kiwanis International. Please let me know when you conduct your club elections and the results. I would be more than happy to work with your newly elected officers as they prepare for their year of service leadership. Dates for the Mid South CLE have not been set and Gov Elect Roush is looking for a recommendation where to hold this training. If you have any ideas, let me or him know.
Last week I attended the Indiana District of Kiwanis Mid Year Convention in Indianapolis at Kiwanis International. Kiwanis volunteers helped Habitat for Humanity build a home for a single mom and her daughter. Below are a few notes I took at the convention:
1. Beth Miller, Leadership Development Coordinator conducted an officer planning session. It was a good refresher and I think very helpful for some of our new officers. If anyone needs assistance in preparing and submitting their monthly reports, please let me know. The major focus this year from both International and District is membership. This is a major factor in Distinguished Club criteria as well.
2. The Indiana District Convention will be held August 17-19 at the Westin Hotel in Indianapolis. The Children’s Museum will be open for us on Friday from 5:00-8:00. Part of the day on Saturday will be spent touring and visiting Riley Children’s Hospital.
3. Riley Check Presentations: Immediate Past Governor David Dixon presented a check for $250,000 to Riley Children’s Hospital and clubs donated $21,353 to Gov Steve Ingram for Riley.
4. I attended a presentation on the District Foundation Grants Program. The Foundation is there to support Kiwanis Clubs in the District. It provides funds for Kiwanis Clubs and projects. Riley Children’s Hospital receives the largest amount. The Foundation awards up to $5,000 in grants each cycle. There are two grant cycles per year. One ends 30 June and the other ends 31 Dec.
5. Congratulations to our Distinguished Clubs and Members announced at the Mid Year Convention.
Knute Rockne Memorial, Granger
Michelle Kartholl, Northwest Indianpolis
Pete Tinsley, Westfield
Lauri Paisley, Westfield
Jeff Radabaugh, Westfield
I have visits scheduled with the Clarksville Kiwanis Club at 6:30 PM on 29 Mar and with the New Albany Kiwanis Club at 8:00 AM on 27 Apr. I look forward to meeting with everyone. Let me know what works best for you!
Thank you for all you do for our kids!
“Improving Our Communities by Improving Our Kids!”
Please see the note below I received from our Indiana District Governor, Steve Ingram giving a shout out to one of our Scenic Hills Clubs. Well done Historic New Albany Club!
I spent Saturday with The Circle K Kids, and they couldn’t stop bragging about The New Albany Kiwanis. I guess they have been a huge help with Circle K’s Convention which is coming up on Feb. 23-25.
Kiwanis Indiana District
Kiwanis Club of Clarksville
August 4, 2018 8:30 am
Wooded View Golf Course
A NEW Key Club Silver Creek High School:
Scenic Hills Club Leaders:
The Sellersburg Kiwanis Club is in the process of chartering a new Key Club at Silver Creek High School. I’m a firm believer that the Service Leadership Programs we sponsor have some of the greatest impact on kids in our communities. They are waiting the organizational items to arrive and will soon be planning their charter ceremony. I will let you know the details as they become available. I urge you to try to attend the charter ceremony and support this new club in our Kiwanis Family. Several of you sponsor Key Clubs. Please encourage representatives of your Key Clubs to attend the charter ceremony to show their support for this new Key Club and its members.
Thanks for all you do to support our kids!
2018 Scenic Hills Lt Gov