— Nelson Mandela
JOB POSTING: JDAI Coordinator (Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative)
The Scott County Partnership is accepting applications for a full-time JDAI Coordinator. This person will report to the Executive Director of the Scott County Partnership and to the Scott County Circuit Court Judge.
The JDAI Coordinator is responsible for the coordination, management, and expansion of the local juvenile justice improvement initiative in Scott County, IN in cooperation and collaboration with the Juvenile Probation program in Scott County. The JDAI Coordinator will assist to reduce disproportionate minority contact, the inappropriate use of detention, and over reliance on detention in a rational risk-based manner without compromise public safety through the implementation of the eight core strategies of the Annie E. Casey Foundation’s Juvenile Detention Alternatives Initiative.
Successful implementation of these strategies is expected to reduce admissions, reduce lengths of stay, shorten case processing times, and increase non secure community based programs. These improvements will result in reducing the use of secure detention without increasing re-arrest or failure rates.
- Highly competent skilled professional
- Knowledge, experience and abilities in youth development
- Skilled Manager of projects, programs and/or large initiatives
- Ability to organize tasks, manage time, and prioritize projects
- Advanced analytical, writing and verbal presentation skills
- Leadership skills and ability to work collaboratively and respectfully with a variety of people and groups
- Proficient in use of basic office computer programs and internet
Send Resume and Letter of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Sep. 22, 2017 at midnight.
(Interviews will occur either Wednesday, Sept. 27 if invited to interview.)
(If possible, the new hire needs to attend a conference on Oct. 3 & 4!)