SCOTT COUNTY PARTNERSHIP, INC.
INTERN Position Opening:
Summer Youth Feeding Program
Part-Time (Maximum 15 hrs/wk)
- Ability to speak to groups to recruit volunteers
- Ability to work harmoniously with diverse personalities and groups
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, and self-motivate
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in use of basic office computer programs and internet
- Ability to lead and work with adult volunteers
- Ability to develop communication items such as promotional brochures, fliers, email messaging and social media utilization
- Ability to lead, interact and work with children
- Ability to organize and complete required administrative documents
Intern Summary: The Summer Youth Feed Program Intern will work with the State Department of Education Summer Feeding Program Office to administer the summer youth feeding program for the City of Austin. The Intern will also work with the Nutrition Director for Scott County School District 2 to recruit volunteers to assist with the Lexington & Blocher sites for the Scott 2 Feeding Program.
- Ensure the Summer Youth Feeding Program occurs with a plethora of volunteers at both the Austin and Scott 2 sites.
- Recruit, train and supervise volunteers needed for both programs.
- Work with Gleaners to distribute the Family boxes of food on Fridays.
- Children & Youth up to age 18 are fed and have positive experiences at their respective Feeding Program site.
Education: Minimum–High school Diploma. College degree in process.
- Physical mobility to lead groups of children in work and play activities.
- Ability to carry bags and boxes of resources from site to site
- Ability to use computers and other technical equipment
Applicants should EMAIL their resume and cover letter no later than
April 28, 2017, to Jene Bridgewater: email@example.com
For questions, call Jene Bridgewater at 812-752-6365.
Jene Bridgewater, Executive Director
Scott County Partnership
Lifelong Learning Center
1092 W. Community Way
Scottsburg, IN 47170