The Scott County Partnership is seeking volunteers to help teach LifeSkills at Austin Elementary School (3rd, 4th and 5th graders). The program will start in mid February. LifeSkills is a drug prevention program that teaches students everything from decision making to resisting peer pressure. LIFESKILLS LESSONS ARE ALREADY WRITTEN FOR YOU! YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COME UP WITH THE MATERIAL YOURSELF!!!!
* Lesson 1 – Self Esteem (week of Feb. 15th)
* Lesson 2 – Decision – Making ( week of Feb. 22nd)
* Lesson 6 – Communication Skills (week of April 11th)
* Lesson 7 – Social Skills (week of May 9th)
* Lesson 8 – Assertiveness (week of May 16th)
Once a volunteer has signed up for a lesson, the Partnership will schedule their dates and send them a copy of their lesson. On your day to volunteer, the AES counselor will guide you to the classrooms you are to teach in…volunteers have scheduled lunch breaks as well!
To learn more information, ask questions or sign up for a lesson, please contact Ali Blanton at email@example.com or at 812-752-0980.